Pages

Thursday 7 July 2011

Will Run For Banana Coconut French Toast

french toast and tropical fruit salad

My first french toast memory (because I'm sure that you are dying to know) is one of my cousin J making me french toast after a sleepover.  J is a year older than me and growing up I always thought she was so cool (how you can be cool with the claw for bangs or a bowl haircut I'm not quite sure).  J hadn't quite mastered french toast at this point so what I had for breakfast was pretty much bread dipped in raw egg.

Banana coconut french toast is definately an improvement over bread and raw eggs.  Try it for yourself (umm J this means you)!

BANANA COCONUT FRENCH TOAST
(Serves 4)

Ingredients

2 medium ripe bananas
2/3 coconut milk (soy or almond work as well)
1-2 TBSP maple syrup (Try not to use table syrup.  I think it's made from tables)
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (and/or nutmeg, allspice, ginger, cloves)
8 slices of slightly stale high fibre bread (I used Rudolph's)

Blend all ingredients in your blender except for bread (obvious) dip bread in banana mixture, cook in a pan with a generous amount of olive or sunflower oil.  Make sure that your oil is hot before you place the bread in the pan in order to avoid the bread absorbing all of the oil.  You will need to cook each side for 3-5 minutes.  Eat all of the bits that stick to the pan.


banana, coconut milk, cinnamon & grated nutmeg

dip bread until both sides are covered (not soggy)

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment