Pages

Saturday 9 June 2012

Watermelon & Rosemary Granita


It isn't exactly a secret that on really hot nights Jeb, Hank & I can be found in the kitchen eating frozen watermelon in the dark. 

While Jeb & Hank quite enjoy gnawing on a frozen chunk I much prefer my watermelon in the form of watermelon granita.  

Watermelon Granita
(1 large serving or 4 small if you like to share)

*4 C cubed frozen watermelon
1/4-1/2 C liquid (water, white grape juice, or apple juice)
1 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary

Place rosemary and frozen watermelon in blender.  Gradually add liquid until desired consistency is reached.  Da, da, dada enjoy!

* I froze my watermelon cubes in a bowl.  I had to soak the bowl in hot water and still I ended up with a giant watermelon puck (I knew this would happen but I did it anyway...not so smart).  You might try freezing your watermelon on a cookie sheet first and then placing it in a large bowl.

Another fun way to enjoy watermelon is to simply add it and some fresh rosemary sprigs to a large mason jar of water and let it sit overnight.  This only occurred to me after some Friday night cocktails (fancy water as you might have guessed) at the gym.  I love just about anything that comes in a mason jar.  We're wild and crazy. What can I say?

'
Watermelon & Rosemary Infused Water

4 C water
1 C cubed watermelon
2-4 sprigs fresh rosemary

Place all ingredients in a mason jar and allow to sit overnight.  You can usually refill the jar a second time without things getting too soggy.  Feed leftover watermelon pieces to your favourite beasts.

a day at the pool






No comments:

Post a Comment