Pages

Thursday 3 January 2013

Will Run For Parsnip (ity) Fries


Bye, bye waffles. Hello parsnip(ity) fries.


It's time to hop back on the vegetable wagon.  The waffle wagon has been fun but it's time for us to take a break from one another.  It's me, not you.

Rather than resolutions this year I have a list of events that I am planning on participating in.  I've decided that the point of no return is when someone else signs up for the same event or maybe the point of no return is telling anyone who will listen (or read) what my plans are.  Some of these events are just for fun and others are meant to push me outside of my comfort zone (it's a fairly small zone.  It's approximately 21 kilometres, definately does not include lakes or fish or biking and it especially doesn't include biking around corners).  

Here's the list:








Parsnip(ity) Fries

(1-2 servings)

Ingredients

2 large peeled parsnips
1 tsp coconut oil
salt or dried herbs

Preheat oven to 400 F.  Peel parsnips and slice into thin strips.   Melt coconut oil.   Toss coconut oil, salt (or dried herbs), and parsnips.  Place on metal rack (cookie cooling rack).  Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until crispy.  No need to flip!







No comments:

Post a Comment