Pages

Monday 5 August 2013

Will Run For Pesto Kale Chips

pesto kale chips

My love affair with kale isn't exactly a secret.  Neither is my love for pesto.      

Something that I don't love is wind.  Have you ever been mad at the wind?  Seems reasonable to me.  So mad that you want to stand on the side of the road, throw off your helmet, flail your arms, and stomp around (kind of like a 4 year old, don't want to leave grandma's atomic meltdown)?  I do have some self-restraint so this meltdown happened in my head (that & I needed to get home) but it was by far the worst bike ride I've ever been on.

To make things even better when I got home farmer says to me, "so you're not doing anything else? That's it."  She's a jerk.  I got over myself (barely) with the help of some kale.



Pesto Kale Chips

(serves 1 kale lover)

1 bunch of kale 
 1 T basil pesto

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Rinse kale & cut off the majority of the kale stems.  In a medium bowl combine kale & pesto.  Massage pesto into kale.  Place kale in a single layer on a baking stone.  Bake for 20 minutes turning after 10 minutes.  Watch the kale carefully during the last 5 minutes of baking.  Nobody likes burnt kale.





No comments:

Post a Comment